The Humap Retrospective
Sign up for:
- Unique offers and discounts
- News, updates, and sneak previews
- Spotlighted content from across every Humap instance
Don’t worry – we only send one email a month 😉
This tutorial is available in both video and text/image format.
Tray Views are different templates for standard pages on your map.
Here is the tray view dashboard:
Click New Tray View to create a tray.
The introductory page is your map’s home screen, the first thing your visitors will see when they explore the map. This is where you’ll write your introduction to your map, highlight taxonomies, records, and quick starts.
This is how it looks in the dashboard:
Here’s how to create highlighted taxonomy terms:
Here’s how to highlight records and quick starts:
Here is how a completed introductory tray view looks on the map:
The help page is a handy, in-map repository of useful tips and information. Scroll down for generic Humap Help & Guidance text.
Here is how it looks in the dashboard:
Here is how this page looks on the map:
Navigating the map
You can manually move the map around to change what you can see. This is called zooming and panning.
Finding and using overlays
Using search terms and taxonomies
Using text search
You can also use the text bar at the top of the search screen to look for your own search terms – either in tandem with the pre-existing ones, or independently.
Here’s how it works:
11. Page 4/9: To add dates, click on the drop down menu and selecting the day, month, and year. Approximates are fine, and end dates are particularly useful for records of events that are over or places that may no longer exist.
12. Page 5/9: If you have an active project you can add this record to it now. Click the tick box next to the project.
13. Page 6/9: On this page you can add links. To do this copy and paste the URL into the URL box. Name the link in the box above the URL bar.
14. Page 7/9: Click on the appropriate tickboxes for your record, defining it by place and subject and making it searchable.
– For more specific subcategories click the downwards arrows on the tickboxes.
17. Your record is now published! From your records screen you can view your record, and if you scroll down to the bottom there are options to:
How to make collections:
1. From the map home page, click the plus icon in the top right corner of the information tray. If you’re not logged in, you’ll need to log in now
2. That will take you to the contribution home screen. The three types of content are represented in three text boxes. Click New Collection.
3. You are now on an introductory page. When you’ve read it, click Begin.
– At any point in this process you can save a draft and exit, return to the previous screen, or delete your record.
How to make teams: