Research & Academia
Humap is a user-friendly map which researchers will understand and use intuitively – tested extensively and backed by years of award-winning user-experience design research
Whether it’s an ongoing or a completed project, Humap is the perfect platform to communicate and report on your research, creating a narrative in the context of an interactive map.
Built as a hosted software-as-a-service, sole researchers can jump on Humap’s Individual plan and get started with a project straightaway. Upload records, geospatial data, and create collections with the use of Humap’s extensive taxonomy (categories and tagging) feature. Show colleagues your work in a non-technical and user-friendly way.
For academic and research institutions
Expand Humap out to your school or department and allow your students to access more Humap features and the ability to create individual projects per student. An academic institute license allows for a greater feature set per project including higher volumes of records, collections and trails and data overlays.
- built as a modern web-based software as a service, not a clunky 1990s desktop software trade-off
- accessible to users with assistive needs (regularly audited for accessibility compliance to WAI AA standards)
- choose whether your content is public or internal-only
- share a common platform across different departments and projects.
- discrete projects for departments, teams and/or individual researchers to work on their own content
- plot a combination of narrative records and collections with geospatial data points and overlays on an interactive map
So, whatever stage you’re at in your project thinking, contact Miriam on the details below and let’s talk about how Humap can allow you and others to interact with your research via place and story.